Diapering for almost free?

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Yes, you can do it! I have been researching this pretty strongly lately. Going from $2500 to $25 on the diapering yearly bill!

Our first child I really wanted to cloth diaper and we did for a little while. I loved cloth diapering but didn't know what I was doing. Once, the cloth diapers were too small for her, I couldn't get my husband to pay for more. I couldn't blame him. We didn't have a whole lot of money to put up front for cloth diapers to do it again and again, whenever she grew. Cloth diapering can be much cheaper... but you have to fork out lots of money to save money, or so I thought! Disposables where easy to pay 10 dollars here and there. Although we spent lots of money in the long run it was easier to  handle, since we were living paycheck to paycheck. I tried making cloth diapers but didn't understand how you use them etc... They turned out a mess. So, I have some new information this time around and more time to figure things out! I am going to try it again. Here are some sources of information. Just click on the links to get some awesome information.

Cloth wipes- I tried this the first time and didn't work out... I heard you can use baby wash cloths instead of buying expensive online ones. Score! Recipe for solution... Even cheaper!

Types of diapers- This is part of why my first experience failed. I had no idea you pair this with that.

Cleaning your diapers- Good to know! I did learn some of this but with the first we had an apartment with no outdoor space... this time I will be able to line dry on sunny days!

Buying and Selling your diapers- I get so overwhelmed online trying to figure this out! Glad I won't need too much of this info... Since I will be sewing mine and making them gender neutral for the next baby.

Cloth diapering on the go- We didn't do this at all since I had no idea how to. This time we will!

Wet bag- Oh so that is how you go places... ;)

HOW TO DO THIS ALMOST FREE!

Now that you are educated all about cloth diapers...

I found several you tube videos that woman used fabrics around their house to make their stash. I have a ton of sweatshirts and fabric scraps etc... that I could use. This lady is very frugal and I love how she makes things from around the house. It got me thinking about things here at home or things to buy at yard sales... since you know I am a yard sale diva.

So by far I love this website! Download the diaper pattern and print it for free! Then download the Tiny Tooshie diaper pattern. She has some wonderful information so please read it all. She says that you will spend about $.50-$2 on each diaper by following her pattern. One-size diapers are anywhere from $18-$35 a piece. What a savings! If you can mainly use everything from home you can make your entire stash of cloth diapers for the price of 1 week worth of disposables! I am in!

Note: PUL can be replaced with heavy duty vinyl table cloth! Will be doing this!

More websites full of info:

Sew a diaper stash for $30 or less

All in One pattern- most like disposable diapers and easy for dads to change

Pocket Diapers pattern

Fleece Pockets

Trim prefolds

Make wipes and solution

Sewing diapers know how








No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...