Bathroom Remodel Under $700

Saturday, June 30, 2012

This is my old vanity... it had better days

I am pretty sure it dates back to the beginning of my lovely home!



Can you see the rot on the bottom? Can you imagine taking toilet paper out of there? Nasty I know!

At the restore we picked up this awesome vanity sink and hardware for $40! I didn't care for the wood look so... my sweet husband spray painted it black for me. I usually do the spray painting, with one bathroom, and being sick with the flu, pretty happy my hubby did it!

I started the sanding job, love the palm sander.

Really thin steel wool to clean up the small imperfections.

Wipe off the dust.

Unscrew and spray paint with the 98 cent spray paint from Wal Mart.

How pretty. I was sick so no pics of sanding edges and antiquing it.

So much prettier!

My husband was kind enough to spray paint the towel holder and antique it.

Our toilet splurge.. just a little more then the standard. 

That's right dual flush baby!

My dad gave me this sheet music framed. I just spray painted the frame and mat. I love Audrey Hepburn, she was my inspiration for the bathroom.

My husband brought this shower curtain and hooks home from Ross. curtain $16.99 and hooks $6.99

Before was nasty rotten floor with linoleum rolling up. When pulling it up my husband said the floor was so rotten he pushed on it and it fell through into the crawl space! In the process the toilet fell as well. Glad it didn't happen while I was on it. We had to screw down a new sub floor, the chicken wire, grout, tile, sealer and new floor trim. We found that the tile was cheaper then the laminate flooring. It just cost a little bit more after buying the grout. My husband's friend helped lay it with him since he had done it before. 

Yeah I helped grout that! 

I painted my whole house this color. I made the paint from 7 gallons of white and cream miss-tints I mixed together.

I love my new bathroom! 

This is the light. It was for sale for $30 at Home Depot. My hubby still needs to bring it up so we can flip it down with out hitting the mirror, until then the light is faced upwards.
I would say this was my biggest splurge! $50 at Ross, but it makes the room.


My beautiful antique vanity. 

Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...