Treating Pink Eye - Johnson Baby Shampoo

Saturday, July 21, 2012


So, this is a continuation from my conversation yesterday. My little boy had pink eye and I treated him with essentials oil. BUT, I also wanted to include this option. One of my neighbors recommended this for pink eye and thought I'd pass the word. Along with essential oils, I used this method on my son and this actually worked better/faster. It also costs less than purchasing the oils. You can get a sample size for under $1. 

PREVENT SPREADING:
If you suspect someone in your family has pink eye, wash hands frequently, keep the infected eye clean with a warm wash cloth (use a new one each time), and use basic sanitation methods to prevent spreading. Basic sanitation may include disinfecting door knobs and faucets. I usually use 1 part water to 1 part white distilled vinegar (best stuff in the world!). If you're not sure what pink eye is Web MD has a great description.

1/4 tsp Johnson's Original Baby Shampoo (no tears)
1/4 C warm water

Flush the eyes with this solution 2-3 times. Usually works within a day but repeat for 2 days to make sure.

**If you tried this method, please leave a comment and let me know how you liked it. I'm always curious to see how this works with others.**

2 comments:

  1. You can also use Johnson's Baby Wash (No Tears). Apply with cotton balls if you can't always get baby to take a bath when it's time for a treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best! yaldoeyecenter.com

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...